Central Sterile Processing
Average Completion Time: 3 quarters for certificate
Program Objective: The Central Sterile Processing Certificate program at Harrison College provides the opportunity to gain a unique skillset in an area you may have never considered.
In this program, you will be taught how to:
- Understand many aspects of general science and central sterile processing
- Decontaminate, inspect, assemble, package and sterilize reusable medical instruments and devices in health care facilities
- Exhibit ethical and professional conduct to provide safe, quality service to coworkers for optimal patient care
- Prepare to take the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) exam
- Commit yourself to lifelong learning through professional development to ensure your understanding of current trends in the industry
Program Outcomes: Upon graduation, you will be prepared to take the CRCST exam by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM). Passing this exam may further qualify you for a career as a central service technician in:
- Physician clinics
- Surgical centers
- Nursing homes
Courses you complete in this program may also count toward credits for the Surgical Technology associate degree program.