Associate of Applied Science Degree
Average Completion Time: 5 quarters for certificate; 8-9 quarters for associate degree
Program Objective: Make a significant impact on quality of life—for others and yourself—when you earn your Clinical Massage Therapy Certificate from Harrison College.
Through 750 to 1,200 hours of classroom and hands-on instruction, along with an externship at Harrison's own training spa, a chiropractic office or a physical therapy or rehab facility, you can gain the skills and confidence you need to:
- Perform deep tissue, seated and relaxation massages
- Implement massage plans for elderly and pre-natal clients
- Perform muscular/skeletal assessments for sports and clinical techniques
- Perform aromatherapy and spa techniques
- Assess the mind/body connection for appropriate communication and customizing the treatment plan
- Apply basic business principles and perform in professional boundaries
Program Outcomes: Upon graduation, you will be prepared for massage career opportunities in a variety of settings.
"Using Harrison College massage therapy externs has definitely cut down on games lost and players not being available to play over the last several years. Obviously, that shows a lot about the education they are receiving at Harrison College. Harrison College massage therapy externs are the only ones the Indianapolis Indians will work with."
Bryan Housand, Head Athletic Trainer, Indianapolis Indians