Associate of Applied Science Degree
Average Completion Time: 8-9 quarters for associate degree
Program Objective: By earning your associate degree in surgical technology at Harrison College, you can enhance your ability to assist nursing and surgical staff.
Through face-to-face instruction and coaching, you will be taught how to:
- Prepare operating rooms for specific surgeries
- Perform patient care prior to, during and after surgical procedures
- Sterilize instruments and ensure the sterile field is maintained
- Pass instruments and sterile supplies to the physician during surgery
- Assist with wound care and prepare specimens for transportation to the laboratory for testing
Program Outcomes: Upon graduation, you will qualify to take the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) exam administered through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)—a test which 94 percent of our most recent graduating class passed. This certification will enable you to pursue your surgical technology career.