Associate of Applied Science Degree
Average Completion Time: 8-9 quarters for associate degree
Program Objective: Develop a unique set of skills to overcome distinct challenges by earning your veterinary technology associate degree from Harrison College.
With access to a fully functional surgical suite, industry-current equipment, an on-site kennel and field-experienced faculty, you can gain real-world experience related to:
- Large and small animal husbandry
- Laws and ethics of veterinary medicine
- Hands-on technical and clinical skills for large and small animal procedures
- Soft skills, such as professionalism and communication
Program Outcomes: Upon graduation, you will receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree and qualify to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) and the state exam to become a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT).
Upon graduation, you may be qualified for the following careers:
- Specialty practice
- Marine aquatics
- Equine specialty
- Small, large and mixed animal practice
- Large animal production